“An Academic Pillar of Excellence (APEx) for Sustainable Development.”
“Aklan State University is committed to offer degree & non-degree curricular in agriculture, forestry,veterinary medicine, fishery, arts & sciences, engineering & technology, education and management sciences to produce globally competent professionals, leaders & entrepreneurs through technological breakthroughs in research, efficacy of extension, & efficiency in production.
ASU-CHARRM is striving for “Culture of Excellence” in Tourism, Hospitality Management, and Allied Education Program for Sustainable Development through quality instructions, innovative and relevant researches, responsive extension services, efficient use of resources and transparency in governance towards poverty reduction and empowerment of the disadvantaged and vulnerable member of the society.
ASU-CHARRM shall produce competitive tourism professionals’ managers, researchers and excellent service providers;
1. Excel in tourism, hospitality management and allied education programs;
2. Produce innovative and relevant researchers
3. Generate knowledge and expertise for poverty reduction;
4. Optimize the use of resources and transparency in governance;
5. Empower student’s organizations for holistic development;
6. Strengthen partnership with local, national and international linkages; and
7. Establish strong relationship with stakeholders and partner institutions.
The BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT Program will equip students with managerial and technical competencies needed for them not only to survive but also thrive in a borderless economy to meet international standards and be more responsive to the needs of tourism industry and hospitality sector for sustainable development. The program shall:
1. Provide students with sufficient knowledge on theories, concepts, practices, managerial and technical skills needed by the tourism industry and hospitality sectors;
2. Utilize multi-disciplinary approach in delivering managerial and technical competencies needed by the students to support manpower needs of local, national and international tourism industry and hospitality sectors;
3. Challenge the faculty and students to undertake research activities for sustainable development of tourism industry and other tourist related services;
4. Open windows of opportunity to the faculty and students to contribute their professional, managerial and technical services in empowering the disadvantaged and vulnerable members of the society;
5. Strengthen the multidisciplinary team to review and revised curricular programs and upgrade facilities to produce highly competitive tourism graduates.