“An Academic Pillar of Excellence (APEx) for Sustainable Development.”
“Aklan State University is committed to offer degree & non-degree curricular in agriculture, forestry,veterinary medicine, fishery, arts & sciences, engineering & technology, education and management sciences to produce globally competent professionals, leaders & entrepreneurs through technological breakthroughs in research, efficacy of extension, & efficiency in production.
- Upgrade the competencies and strengthen the commitment of the faculty towards quality instruction, research, extension and production.
- Revise and enrich the curricular offerings and produce quality and relevant
- Enhance competencies of the non-teaching personnel towards greater efficiency in the delivery of support services.
- Engage in basic and applied research and developmental projects and activities aimed to address educational, industrial, and community problems.
- Conduct extension and community service through appropriate technology transfer strategies to improve quality of life of the people it serves.
- Establish and maintain functional linkages in both public and private sectors for more effective job placement and profitable career opportunities.
- Enhance resource mobilization efforts through aggressive networking with government and other potential funding sources
- To implement institution wide faculty development program to enhance teaching competencies.
- To develop relevant institutional materials in all curricular offerings in the next three years.
- To provide relevant trainings, seminars and opportunities or professional growth to non-teaching personnel.
- Organize a research group to operationalize the research function.
- To disseminate information on appropriate technology through leaflets, radio programs and ICT materials.
- Intensify linkages with public and private sector towards better job placement of graduates.
- Solicit funding assistance from alumni, PTCA and other potential benefactors, local and international.